Sunday, 5 January 2014

Printing and a Pie

An Urban Rustic original print!
 In an effort to be more spontaneously creative, as opposed to just following instructions as with my sewing,knitting and crochet I have tried to be a bit more arty and crafty.This has had limited results because while I have been able to produce something I am quite pleased with,like my snowmen gift tags,I have still had to follow instructions provided by someone else.Well perhaps one day I might come over all spontaneous ...but it's not happening just yet.

my pile of prints starting to amass.

 My Christmas painting exploits were all due to the expert guidance and encouragement of Lindsay aka The Frugal Crafter and recently she very kindly uploaded a video tutorial on printmaking.I say kindly because she did so following a request for printmaking tips I left  on her blog....what a generous soul to share all of her knowledge so willingly!
One of my blocks made from craft foam,the design pressed on with one of those embossing tool and inked up
with inktense blocks.
 I am not going to go into all of the gritty details here because you couldn't do any better than to watch Lindsay's tutorial (here) if you fancy having a go yourself.
Does anyone else work with all this clutter going on?
 It really isn't at all complicated,is GREAT fun and is absolutely ADDICTIVE.I spent a very happy morning and ended up with a small forests worth of printed paper....not to mention very grubby fingers.Then again I am sure the saying "messy fingers happy mind" must have skittered at some point through the mental processes of the like of dear old Leonardo and his chums.

At the risk of being boring here are more prints...just humour me please!
 Anyway,it might look amateurish to some out there but I was pleased and I even managed to cobble together a card for an upcoming family birthday so win win all round!!

The one and only card so far produced from all of that effort.
 And what of the pie I can hear you all demanding to know? Well as some of you know I don't cook I at best partially incinerate.But! This week end I excelled myself and produced a pie....from Christmas/New Years leftovers...and it was edible!!Yay good times.
Veggie version of a Chicken and Leek Pie...in other words a Quorn and Leek Pie
                                                                       A big
                                                                   "Thank you!"
                                                               to the wonderful
                                                                 Frugal Crafter
                                              for taking the time to answer my query.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like fun - let the creativity flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely - I particularly like the bird prints. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley...yes I quite like the bird prints too.

      Delete
  3. they look great and the colors in the tin look beautiful to me...I really think I am going to order the full set when I see a good price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pie? Did someone say pie? That pastry is a work of art!
    The block prints are beautiful. I especially love the pages with a series of them with the colors slightly different on each one. I'm glad you took a picture of your crafty clutter, I sometimes spend more time trying to clear a space for photos than I do actually creating something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one.I do get depressed when you happen by chance to come across pictures of other peoples immaculate craft rooms...I only have a table and even that I can't keep tidy.

      Delete
  5. Lovely prints. I especially like seeing them as multiples. The pie looks delicious too:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog here! Additionally your web site so much up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate hyperlink to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your printed card looks terrific, hope you make more! Thanks for the link, that was a mad, fun and informative video.

    ReplyDelete